Call us now01929 425211
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how The Pines Hotel Swanage looks after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you. This privacy notice aims to give you information on how The Pines Hotel Swanage collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website and by using our services. Pines Hotel Swanage (The) (collectively referred to as “The Pines Hotel Swanage” “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice) is the controller and responsible for your personal data. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact Barry Holt, General Manager at 34-36 Burlington Road, Swanage, Dorset, BH19 1LT, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01929 425211; or, from outside the UK: +44 1929 425211.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. This includes name and address but also job title and place of work for example with regard our corporate guests.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which includes:
• Your identity and contact details;
• your place of work and job title if you are a corporate guest;
• your bank and payment details when you pay for our services, and/or bookings;
• health data to include dietary requirements and medical information;
• information about how you use our website, products and services; and
• your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
If we process any special categories of information i.e. information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership, genetic data, processing of biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying individuals, health data, or data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation, we must have a further lawful basis for the processing. This may include:
• Where you have given us your explicit consent to do so e.g. to cater for your medical or dietary needs when you stay with us or when we provide a service to you;
• where the processing is necessary to protect your vital interests or someone else's vital interests, for instance
if you need additional assistance in the event of an evacuation of the hotel;
• you have made the information public;
• the processing being necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; and
• the processing being necessary for reasons of substantial public interest e.g. to undertake activities in relation to the prevention or detection of fraud or other unlawful or dishonest activities.
As part of our service to you, if we need to collect data about children, we will explain to their parent(s) or guardian(s) why we need to collect this personal information and how it will be used. Please be advised that we routinely record a child’s age which may be relevant to the services we can or cannot provide; and to the responsibilities of parent or guardian.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to provide our services to you. In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
• Our day to day business dealings in providing our services to you;
• filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise;
• if you complete a survey or provide us with feedback;
• as you interact with our website, we may automatically collect data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, and other similar technologies;
• Google Analytics to collect information about our web traffic. This includes which pages have been visited and the number of visits; by using publicly accessible sources such as Companies House and/or the Insolvency Service;
• through third party booking/reservation intermediaries;
• wedding planning intermediaries; and
• via a third party such as your bank or building society or other financial institutions when you pay for our services.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• Where we need to provide the services we have agreed to or are about to agree to;
• where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) which means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service and products and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests and
• where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us on the details above.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data:
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We may use your data to form a view on the products, services and offers which may be relevant for you. You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of you staying with us or using our services or other transactions.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
As part of the services we provide to you, we may have to share your personal data with third parties such as:
• Third parties as part of our services to you such as self-employed beauticians or personal trainers;
• service providers who provide marketing assistance;
• third party providers of IT and system administration services;
• professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors, accountants and insurers;
• HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities; and
• third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You are entitled to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
This includes your right to have the data corrected, updated or amended. You will not normally have to pay a fee for this, but we will let you know if we feel that it is fair to charge a fee;
object to and/or restrict processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. Please note that in some instances we may have to stop providing our services to you but we will notify you if this is the case;
request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party, for example if you chose to use another business to provide services to you; and withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact Barry Holt, General Manager. Our contact details are at the top of this page.
COMPLAINTS OR CONCERNS
If you have any queries or concerns about the way we process your personal data then please contact Barry Holt General Manager. We hope that we can resolve any concerns for you, but if you wish to take your complaint further you can contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and further information can be found on their website www.ico.org.uk
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
Core Cookies - For core functionality of this website
Cookie Name Purpose
cookieconsent To remember cookie preferences.
Google Analytics Cookies - For recording user behaviour to improve our website.
Cookie Name Purpose
_ga Used to distinguish users.
_gid Used to distinguish users.
_gat Used to throttle request rate.
_gat_samTracker Used to throttle request rate.
The Cookies above may store your IP address and user agent (operating system and browser) and geographical location.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
You can also choose to opt-out Google Analytics using this google tool: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 24 months.
Pines Hotel © 2019. Site by Webko